You work hard on your eCommerce store, and it shows—in the quality of your products, the level of customer service you provide, and yes, even in the photos you use to showcase your apparel. But are you getting the most out of those photos? If not, read on for tips to help you take your apparel photography to the next level.
1. The importance of product photography in the eCommerce world
In the eCommerce world, the product photography is essential. Professional-looking product photos can make all the difference when it comes to convincing potential customers to make a purchase. In fact, studies have shown that high-quality product photos can increase conversion rates by up to 34%.
Product photography is so important because it gives customers a realistic idea of what they’re buying. eCommerce customers can’t pick up and examine products in person, so good product photos are the next best thing. Product photography can also highlight the key features of a product and help customers understand how it works.
If you’re selling products online, then it’s essential to invest in quality product photography. Hiring a professional photographer is always the best option, but if you’re on a tight budget then you can also take your own photos. Just make sure that they’re clear, well-lit, and accurate representations of your products.
2. How to take great product photos on a budget
One way to save money on product photography is to use natural light. Taking photos near a window or outdoors can help you get clear, well-lit shots without the need for expensive lighting equipment.
Another way to save money is to use a simple background. A plain white or black background can help your product stand out and make it easier to edit your photos later on.
Finally, don’t be afraid to get creative with your camera angles and shot types. Experimenting with different techniques can help you find the perfect way to show off your product. By following these tips, you can take great product photos on a budget.
3. Tips for styling and photographing your products
- Choose the right background. A simple, uncluttered background will allow your products to take center stage. Avoid busy patterns or bright colors that can be distracting.
- Create a focal point. Be sure to focus on one key element of your product. Whether it’s the overall shape, a unique feature, or vibrant color, make sure it’s front and center in the photo.
- Use props wisely. Props can add interest to your photos, but be careful not to use too many or overshadow your product. A few well-chosen items should be enough to give your photos some extra flair.
Product photography is key to a successful eCommerce business. It can be the difference between making a sale and losing a customer. Luckily, it doesn’t have to cost a lot of money to take great product photos. With some simple tips and tricks, you can style and photograph your products like a pro.
If you need help taking professional product photos that sell, give us a call. Our team of experts will work with you to create stunning images that drive traffic and sales to your online store.